Tours of Oxford
Explore the city and colleges in the company of an official and highly qualified guide, either by open topped bus or on foot.
Official Guided Walking Tours of Oxford
Walking tours of the city centre depart from the Oxford Visitor Information Centre (unless otherwise stated) and last between 1.5 and 2 hours. As well as introductory guided walking tours, specially themed tours are also available.
Tickets, prices and more details are available from the Oxford Visitor Information Centre, 15-16 Broad Street, Oxford. Telephone 01865 252200.
Types of public walking tours available
Current walking tours of Oxford include:
- The University and City Tour (& The University and City Tour with the Divinity School)
- Inspector Morse Tour & Tea
- Family Tour
- C.S. Lewis & J.R.R. Tolkien Tour
- Civil War Tour
- Gargoyles & Grotesques Tour
- Jewish Heritage Tour
- Literary Tour
- Magic, Murder & Mayhem Tour
- Medieval Oxford Tour
- Oxford During World War 1
- Oxford Children's Stories Tour
- Oxford Film Sites Tour & Tea
- Pottering in Harry's Footsteps
- Religion at Oxford Tour
- Science at Oxford Tour
- Stained Glass Tour
- Tudor Oxford Tour
- When Alice Met Harry Tour
- William Morris & Victorian Oxford Tour
For more details, dates, prices and to buy your tickets online - please go to the Official Guided Walking Tours page on Visit Oxfordshire.
Open top bus tours operate regularly through the city.
For a guided tour of Oxford and the colleges try the City Sightseeing Oxford Tour, with daily departures of every 15 minutes in the summer, every 30 minutes in the Winter.
Please also visit our special tours directory pages for links to individual tour company websites.